Provides overall management direction to multiple projects; establishes project objectives and policies; primary liaison between onsite projects and corporate office; maintains liaison with prime client contact; and monitors construction and financial activities through administrative direction of onsite personnel.
- Procure construction materials for the project.
- Select subcontractors.
- Approve project pay estimate, subcontractor pay estimates and change orders.
- Approve project schedule.
- Manage hiring and separation of project personnel.
- Select and bid projects
- Write Purchase Orders
- Manage the interpretation, adherence, understanding and implementation of project contract drawings, agenda and specification with project team.
- Manage project schedule, project safety and project costs.
- Manage project labor, equipment, materials, change orders and subcontractors to avoid delays and impact of project schedule.
- Manage the purchase price and delivery of projects construction materials.
- Create, manage and control project costs to meet budgeted objectives.
- Monthly update jobs cost reports and pay estimates from owner and to subcontractors.
- Manage all safety requirements, including assignment of responsible employee to conduct weekly safety meetings and site walk-through inspections.
- Manage the administration of daily reports, time cards and accident reports to be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Negotiate with and manage subcontractors. Maintain objective to meet costs, safety and relationship objectives. Manage subcontract and subcontractor change orders.
- Maintain compliance with contract requirements and relationship with owner and their representatives.
- Manage onsite personnel requirements, including hiring, retention, training, evaluations and separations.
- Recognize and document change of conditions, changes to work scope, design defects and issue proper notice to client within contractual requirements.
- Participate in bid estimate preparations as needed and/or when schedule permits.
- Maintain compliance and relationship with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
- Review, cost code and approve all job invoices for your projects.
- Manage equipment, tools and inventory on your jobsite.
- Meet or exceed annual goals for producing Total Gross Margins from your projects.
- Seek and recommend projects to be bid to the Operations Committee and at weekly estimating meetings.
- Perform takeoffs, prepare bid estimates and assist Construction Managers and Project Managers in preparing bid estimates.
- BS in Construction Management or related field
- 5+ years construction management experience
- Proven knowledge of estimating and project engineering
- 2+ years field experience in a construction environment
- Computer literate including Word, Excel, Primavera, and Timberline and/or other construction related software
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION REFLECTS MANAGEMENT’S ASSIGNMENT OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS. IT DOES NOT PRESCRIBE OR RESTRICT THE TASKS THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter by mail to the following address; you will be notified upon receipt:
IMCO General Construction, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
4509 Guide Meridian
Bellingham, WA 98226
Phone: (360) 671-3936
Fax: (360) 671-8808
IMCO General Construction is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and fully complies with applicable Federal, State and/or local laws, orders and regulations.